Find joy in small delights.
In light of the chaos, here’s what has been making our team feel feel calm, happy, joyful or delighted during this unprecedented time.
We hope that they too, will bring you joy:
– LeVar Burton Reads, The Galactic Tourist Industril Complex by Tobias S Buckell
– Limetown Podcast followed by the show with Jessica Biel
– This Tom Hanks story will make you feel less bad
– Allen Toussaint Southern Nights makes me feel at ease
– This no knead bread recipe will be worth the wait, and honestly, we have a lot of time to wait!
– This video. Skip to 29 seconds. You’re welcome.
– New music from Daniel Romano
–Sam Doores just put out a new album
– Being out on the stream with buds (at a safe distance of course) this Friday when it’s 65 degrees out looking for some lake run rainbow trout
– Gratitude walks: “Gratitude unlocks the fullness of life. It turns what we have into enough, and more. It turns denial int acceptance, chaos to order, confusion to clarity. it can turn a meal into a feast, a house into a home, a stranger into a friend. Gratitude makes sense of our past, brings peace for today and creates a vision for tomorrow.”
– Being outside watching the birds and neighbors chickens eating
– Breathing in calm, looking at the sky, the stars, the wind on my face
– Exhaling out anxiety, meditating
– Watching the Stephen Colbert show without an audience, hilarious
– Taking long quiet walks with my dogs (have you been to Lone Rock? Red Rocks? The bike path?)
– Calling my 92 year old grandmother who is one of my very favorite people
– Redecorating rooms in my house. New fresh paint and projects bring me lots of joy.
– Disconnect completely from the news
– Baking (We love NYTimes cooking, Bon Appetit & Smitten Kitchen)
– Coffee (we love Brio Coffeeworks – order online here!)
– A cold IPA! (Zero Gravity Conehead anyone?)
– Warm chocolate chip cookies (Try this recipe)